We’ve so been MIA, haven’t we now? But we’re not complaining- we’re spending some great time with my parents and enjoying every bit of it. Our discussions mostly revolve around food, food and did I say food?
We have a notepad lying on our coffee table in our living room with a list of things we want my mum to cook. The list is just increasing and we are running short of days. We do hope we’re able to save some food to share with you but until now we’ve not been too successful- we’ve just gobbled everything that’s come out of the kitchen! But, I am taking a copy of my mum’s recipes and hopefully will be able to recreate those dishes too.
This time around we used spaghetti squash to make these spaghetti squash cakes and it was such a perfect and wholesome meal! We’ll also be taking this to the Angie’s Fiesta Friday, although we are so late and almost not able to participate fully, but more food can only do good! 🙂
Here is how we made them:
- ½ spaghetti squash, roasted and shredded
- ½ cup kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Thai chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- salt to taste (start with about ½ teaspoon and then adjust)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- juice of half a lime
- oil for greasing the baking sheet
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil together and form cakes.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil and place these cakes on the greased baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over the cakes.
- Off these go into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Then, flip the cakes, rotate the tray and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with a yoghurt dip and make a meal of it!
P.S: Hang in there, we’ll be back with great stories and recipes soon enough! 🙂