It’s been a while we’ve put up a post. We’ve been busy- eating all the goodies my mum’s been making. So my parents are visiting from India and we had a bit of busy last week preparing for them to come, attending a couple of memorial day parties and eating lots! We are so sorry that we’ve not been able to respond to some of you and not been able to read your posts and updates. We’ll get to all of that soon enough!
For now, we have a quick and easy summer drink for you: a non-alcoholic Pomegranate Spritzer!
Here is how we made it:
- 2 medium size pomegranates
- juice of half a lemon
- a few mint leaves
- 1 litre soda water
- a few ice cubes
- Cut the pomegranates in half and in a large bowl squeeze out the juice just like you would squeeze a lemon. Don't worry about the seeds falling in.
- Squeeze in juice of half a lemon and add some chopped mint leaves.
- Add in the soda water and strain all of this into a carafe, squeezing in the pomegranate seeds with the back of a spoon.
- Serve chilled with a few fresh mint leaves and ice.
You could of course jazz it up by adding your fav champagne or even white wine!