I was never a big fan of tofu until I made this- I am so happy I did because it is absolutely delicious. Since we’ve been eating a lot of salads and vegetables lately, our palate needed some change. Tofu it was!
It’s easy to put together with the sauces and ingredients you may already have in your pantry. We made an Asian marinade and used soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, honey & sesame oil but feel free to use Moroccan or even Mediterranean flavors. Such an easy, quick and wonderful recipe to serve as an appetizer or a side.
Here is how we made it:
- 1 package (12 oz) firm tofu
- 3 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon siracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- a dash of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the tofu in half and gently press the tofu using paper towels and squeeze as much water out of it as you can. Then, cut the tofu in half-inch cubes. Set this aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the marinade ingredients and add in the cubed tofu and mix gently coating the tofu well with the marinade. Marinate this for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the tofu on your baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle very little olive oil over the tofu and bake for about 14-16 minutes.
- After 14-16 minutes, turn the tofu and bake for another 12-14 minutes until the tofu crisps up and turns golden.
- Serve as a snack or as a side over rice or vegetables.