We have to admit that we never were very big fans of smoothies until we saw our friend Patty’s healthy Triple Berry Green Smoothie. You must check out the awesome recipes she whips up and of course you can’t miss cute little Bailey.
So our smoothie here is a combination of ingredients we had in our refrigerator. With grocery stores stocked with fresh berries these days, we went overboard with strawberries, blackberries and blueberries! It’s pretty filling and thanks to Patty we made a lunch out of it. 🙂 Even though we added much more than just Kale and Berries, it was these two that gave it all the flavor! Also perfect for a Meatless Monday!
Here is how we made it:
- 1 medium sized red apple
- 5-6 mini carrots
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 large kale leaves
- ½ cup blue berries
- ½ cup black berries
- ½ cup strawberries
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Blend the carrots and red apple together with half a cup of orange juice. Blend this until smooth. Keep this aside.
- In the same blender, blend together the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Mix all of it together. Freeze for about 10 minutes and enjoy your smoothie.