Whoever follows our blog would know that my husband- Nikhil & I- Aditi are the “Confused Bawarchis”** in question- we both cook/ bake but (mostly) I write and post on the blog. 🙂
So yesterday morning I woke up to a notification on our blog and the only thing I probably read was “award” and my eyes widened even more…with joy.. – I already have pretty big eyes, so I am told! So when I read the notification and comment I realized that our blog had been awarded the Liebster Award by the wonderful fellow blogger Upasna from Life On My Plate– one of our very few followers who likes almost all our posts :). However, since we are sort of in the middle of moving houses it was only now that I actually sat down to understand what this was all about. Upasna, thank you for this- I cannot tell you how happy we are- it feels like the “blogging community” is accepting us! It’s also nice to know someone actually reads what we write! I know how rarely that happens, and the relatively few responses to the twenty-something posts we’ve had suggests exactly that. Blogger awards are also such a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs so we knew we had to participate. We enjoyed getting to know more about Upasna and hope our answers to Upasna’s questions help you know more about both of us!
So here we go-
For those who don’t already know (like us) the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and is an award that moves through bloggers to other bloggers. Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The specific rules may vary from blogger to blogger but from the information we could gather, the following seem to be generally used and we will be using these too. So once you get this award:
- Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog
- Add the link of the award presenter’s blog who awarded you
- Post the award on your blog
- Answer the questions given to you by the award presenter
- Present the Liebster Award to 5 to 10 blogs that you enjoy which have less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your awardees to answer
- Notify the awardees by leaving a comment on their blog
Again, we feel incredibly honored that someone thinks we deserve to be noticed by more people. THANK YOU Upasna and of course congratulations to you too!
So here are our answers to Upasna’s Q’s:
- Do you have a Bucket List? If yes, what tops the list?
Aditi: err. Not yet. But now I think I should make one. 🙂
Nikhil: A roadtrip to Ladakh on a Harley.
- If you won a trip to a destination of your choice, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Aditi: A two month Eurotrip.
- What three things would you never leave home without?
Aditi: Currently, a jacket, muffler & my gloves!
Nikhil: Phone, Wallet & Keys to the house!
- What is your most prized possession?
Aditi: My most (material) prized possession is probably my phone, it’s got so much of my life on it. Numbers, pictures, emails & the ability to stay in touch with friends all over the world.
Nikhil: Aditi 🙂
- Who are you the closest to in your life? A parent? A friend?
Aditi & Nikhil: Both family & friends.
- What is your favourite movie and why?
Aditi: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge- I don’t think this needs an explanation as to why.
Nikhil: Shawshank Redemption.
- What is your favourite song?
Aditi: Hmm.. right now can’t think of any better than Balam Pichkari.
Nikhil: Nothing else matters- Metallica.
- What is your greatest fear?
Aditi: Closing doors and rats.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Aditi & Nikhil: We can’t come up with a better answer than- enjoying life together & having fun!
- What is the inspiration behind your Blog’s name?
Aditi & Nikhil: The difference in our style of cooking (I am organized & planned while Nikhil is messy and chaotic in the kitchen), the different kind of food we like and the fact that Nikhil loves to cook and eat equally and I love to cook more than I like to eat. 🙂
Now drumroll please…and the award goes to:
So for those bloggers who are the proud recipients of the Liebster Award , here are your questions:
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written?
- Cake or chips?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- If you could be stuck in a lift with one person- celebrity, politician or anyone else, who would it be?
- Which kitchen equipment/ tool do you use the most?
- How would you like it if you had no phone and the internet for a day?
- Chocolate or chili?
- What’s your favorite TV show/ movie or both?
- Pink or Black?
- What’s been your favorite food vacation until now?
Please link us back when you post! We would love to read your answers 🙂
** “Bawarchi” is Hindi for a rustic chef/ cook and Bawarchis is plural for Bawarchi. 🙂 Check out the About us section to know more!