Did you know that asparagus is a perennial garden plant belonging to the Lily family? Well, I didn’t until I came across this article that I read recently. Asparagus is considered a very healthy vegetable and we gave it our own spin with garlic, lime & butter. This recipe here is the best sautéed asparagus recipe you will ever find -there, I said it. 🙂 It’s easy, healthy, flavorful & makes a great snack or even a side.
So here is how we made it-
- a bunch of asparagus
- a teaspoon grape seed oil or any other oil of your choice
- 1/2 dried red chilli, optional
- 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- Wash the asparagus and cut off tough bottom ends. See notes below to know how to cut off the woody bottom ends.
- Heat a pan or skillet with the grape seed oil.
- Put the dried red chilli and asparagus in the pan and toss it around for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in the garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the asparagus is tender yet crisp.
- Add the butter and squeeze lime juice over top and serve immediately.
That is how easy, quick & delish sautéed garlic asparagus is!
An easy way to cut off the woody stems from the asparagus is: Take one stem of asparagus and take the end of the asparagus between your thumb and forefinger and bend until it breaks. This ensures that the asparagus snaps from its tough end. Use this snapped stem as a measurement and cut the rest of asparagus stems to get rid of the woody parts.