Who doesn’t like fries? But do we really have to feel guilty every time we have them? No. Why? ‘Coz we have oven baked fries! 🙂 Oven baked fries are such a great snack to munch away your stress or even to serve at your house party. Simple, crispy fries with basic ingredients which are even better when you top it off with your fav herb! So before we go away for a weekend getaway to see the beautiful fall colours here is an easy and fairly healthy recipe.
Here is how we make oven-baked dill fries-
- 1 large russet potato cut ¼ inch thick
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or any other vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill or any other herb of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Pat the potatoes dry with paper towels and in a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, the pepper and the garlic powder.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Set the baking time for 35 minutes and half way through turn fries to ensure even baking.
- Bake until golden and crisp and then remove the fries with a spatula and while they are warm season with remaining salt and the chopped dill.